This page displays an up-to-date listing of changes to our customer support web. We'll also place notices here regarding product updates, scheduled releases, or problems and work-arounds that may affect all customers. When bugs reported by our customers get fixed, we'll place a notice here, along with an estimate of when the fix will be shipped.
Items marked with have arrived within one month of the last website update.
30 November 1999
6 August 1999
- I've removed some of the graphics from the links. This should make the pages load faster.
- No sales will be processed between September 8 and October 23 1999.
9 April 1999
1 January 1999
15 October 1998
Added a new section to the diary regarding screen savers.
- The searching for answers topic has been expanded.
12 October 1998
- We've been alerted to a problem with installs under non-English Windows. Unfortunately, the system will not run. However, we have a fix available and the next release will be include this update to the install procedure. Please accept our apologies for this oversight. We missed it entirely.
25 September 1998
- The contact page is now working. That should be the last of the problems. But if you notice anything else, please let us know and we'll fix.
24 September 1998
- The website was totally replaced last night. We were having problems with it so had to be blown away in order to refresh the file images. As a result, some things are not yet in working order. We know the contact form is not functional. We hope to have that working ASAP. Cheers.
18 August 1998
- The FreeBSD tips sections has been renamed The FreeBSD Diary.
24 July 1998
- Version 4.14 of The Racing System has been uploaded. Revision details. Sorry it's taken so long. I've been busy riding.
- The help for The Racing system has been expanded to include a list of the warning messages which are displayed within the results. You can download it separately if you wish.
- A new section which deals with FreeBSD, a UNIX operating system designed for the PC, has been added to the webpage.
- A new section has been added to the PowerBuilder Tips.
12 July 1998
- We've made a mistake. We released the wrong version of the database with Version 4.12 of The Racing System. The symptom of this problem is the inability to display results. If you go Results->View/Print for one of the World Cup races and you get zero rows, then you probably have the wrong database. If this is the case, you'll need the database patch. Version 4.13 contains the correct database. We apologise for our error and regret the inconvenience it has caused.
- Version 4.13 of The Racing System has been uploaded. Revision details.
2 July 1998
- Version 4.12 of The Racing System has been uploaded. Revision details.
- Navigation within the site has been improved. This should make it easier to find the information you need.
27 June 1998
- Version 4.11 of The Racing System has been uploaded. Revision details.
- Uploaded a new version of the online-help file which is designed for use with v4.11 and contains context sensitive help.
25 June 1998
- This weekend, v4.11 of The Racing System will be released. Final testing was completed today and packaging will commence tomorrow. The Scramble event has been added to this release. In a Scramble, there is no set number of laps. Each each racer goes as far as they can in a set time period. Beta testing for Time Trial is continuing and will be available in the next release.
- If anyone is interested in joining the beta testing program for Time Trial module, please contact us
- A bug has been found with the n_cst_multitable extension in the PowerBuilder Tips section. A fix is being developed. In the meantime, a workaround has been posted.
6 June 1998
- The time trial module we mentioned has turned into something else. In a Time Trial, each racer covers a specified distance as fast as they can. In a Scramble, each racer goes as far as they can in a set time period. We still plan to release the Time Trial module, but requests for a Scramble event prompted a change in schedule. If anyone is interested in joining the beta testing program for either the Scramble or Time Trial module, please contact us.
- We added the n_cst_multitable extension to the PowerBuilder Tips section.
26 May 1998
- As promised in Future Enhancements, we've started work on a time trial module. This will add the ability to start each racer off at a different time, will cater for dual slalom, and will allow you to group racers according to expected finish time (for wave starts). This module should be released by 30 June 1998. If anyone is interested in joining the beta testing program, please contact us.
5 May 1998
- As a result of recent inquiries, we've added a page containing database server details.
19 April 1998
- The FAQ has been updated and expanded.
- Added a new PowerBuilder tip.
- The help file has been completed and is available for download. The next step will be integration with the application to give you context sensitive help.
12 April 1998
- Version 4.10 of The Racing System has been uploaded. Revision details.
- Uploaded a new version of the online-help file.
29 March 1998
- Version 4.09 of The Racing System has been uploaded. Revision details.
- Added the PowerBuilder Tips section of the website.
28 March 1998
- The help file is under going a major rework. If you would like a preview, it's available from our FTP server at ftp://dvl-software.com and via this link.
17 March 1998
- Version 4.08 of The Racing System has been uploaded. Revision details.
- We're redone parts of the website to reduce the number of layers and to simplify navigation. The information is all still there, just easier to find.
22 February 1998
- Version 4.07 of The Racing System has been uploaded. Revision details.
- We've added race_sys.dot to the website. This Microsoft Word template is used to create the confirmation letters. If you need a copy, this is the file to use.
15 February 1998
- We apologise for the recent outage of the web site. But we're back online now.
- Version 4.06 of The Racing System has been uploaded. Revision details.
- We are now in the early alpha stages for the dual slalom extensions. If you wish to join our beta program, please let us know.
25 January 1998
- We have supplied a patch for a problem with
File/Print. If you get an application error when you try to print, you can use File/Print Immediate until you download the patch.
18 January 1998
- Version 4.04 of The Racing System has been uploaded. This version fixes the install problems reported earlier. Revision details.
- The racing license database is under development and will enter beta testing next week.
13 January 1998
- Some Windows 95 machines may encounter installation problems. A new set of install files will be uploaded this weekend. In the meantime, we have uploaded a temporary patch.
12 January 1998
- Added more links.
- Fixed an incorrect link for the upgrade version of The Racing System. We apologize for the error and we will check more carefully next time.
7 January 1998
- Fixed problems with search engine
4 January 1998
- Version 4.03 of The Racing System has been uploaded. Revision details.
- Created the Install page which details how to install the application.
- Added the Uninstall page which details how to remove the application from your computer.
- Supplied ODBC details for The Racing System.
- Added the Technical Details page which tells you everything you didn't want to know about The Racing System
- We have added a glossary.
26 December 1997
- Added DVL Utilities blurb (we don't know why we left it out before).
- Version 4.02 of The Racing System has been uploaded. Contains expanded options for displaying and printing results.
21 December 1997
- Additional download options added.
14 December 1997
- Support section added.
- A few random typos corrected.
7 December 1997
- Updated graphics.
30 November 1997
- additional FAQ uploaded.
- added legal notice.
- future enhancements added.
- corrected some rather unfortunate spelling mistakes.
16 November 1997
- new look web pages uploaded.
[ About | Services | Products | Feedback | Support ]